Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Visit a Cementary": Extra Credit


At the cemetery I visited today, was my first time actually being at one. I felt a sense of precaution because I felt that anywhere I stepped, if I did not step carefully i would be disrespecting those I don't even know. I think this kind of emotion I felt is due to the fact that I am unaware of what the families who are missing their love ones felt and I would not like to be that person who stands in the way of it trying to experience myself. Basically put, the only time I would feel comfortable at a cemetery is somewhere where I can relate to the loved ones who we both are dearly missing. Another reaction I had to visiting both cementaries were the head stones that read the names of people who have passed in a popular manner of "here lies...so and so" and date of birth, which I thought was interesting because for my head stone I would to be remembered by a charateristic that best describes me and not a generic head stone engraving.

No comments:

Post a Comment